Skip to main content

I've been on probation since 2009 for midemeanor possession marijuana and drug paraphernalia, I'm on drug court in Kentucky

Louisville, KY |

I got caught with a couple of roaches and stems from weed, I've been on probation since 2009. I'm on drug court I was wondering if I would be able to get early release or at least regular probation so I can get my cdl and better provide for my family, I've been compliment with all terms never had dirty drug screen. Truly I wouldn't mind them adding time as long as I can do this OTR trucking I'm sick of my family struggling like we are I feel that this would be the best for us, any help/advice will be highly appreciated

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Contact a criminal defense attorney in Louisville to review the district court file and see if what, if any options are available to you.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

  2. Drug courts can be difficult for defendants in part because the intent of the court is to help and practitioners feel strongly that they are helping defendants deal with on going drug issues. For defendants like you, who feel that they no longer need supervision, it can be difficult to convince the drug court partners that you are not attempting to simply to escape supervision. Although the argument that you no longer require the supervision of drug court might be something you could make, it would be much wiser to consult an attorney who might be able to make the argument for you or who can investigate the circumstances of your case and speak with the players in your particular drug court. Attorneys in that area may have individual relationships with the drug court partners or be able to review your case documents to assist you. In short, there may be a request you can make of the drug court to reduce supervision, but you are probably best be served by having an attorney look into your individual case to advise you on how to make that request--or make it for you.

    We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, and a judge appoints my office to represent you in your criminal case. I am not available at this time as a retained private attorney and can only assist persons in the process of applying for the services of the Public Advocate.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics