I've been on dui diversion for four months and not drug tested. WIll they eventually test me or do they only if theres a reason?

Topeka, KS |

I've been on dui diversion for four months. I have nobody I have to check in with monthly and all fines paid. I haven't been called to do any urine tests yet and its been four months. Will they eventually call or will they only call if they feel they really need to. I have friends who were never called to do it and I am just curious. I don't drink by the way.

You can be tested at any time upon their discretion.

Erick Platten
State Wide Representation

Avvo attorney's donate their time to answering questions on this forum. If an answer is helpful please indicate so by clicking the helpful tab and best answer.

Whether they ever test you or not, live as though they will each and every day.

No way to know. But, you could be tested at any time.

Chris Kalberg, Kalberg Law Office, L.L.C. (913) 825-6670, No attorney client relationship is created via any Q&A session on this or any other website no comment or answer proffered may be construed as legal advice.

I completely agree. I was just wanting to know if it's normal not being tested after 4 months. I don't drink anymore but is it likely they won't test me at all? I do understand they can call at any time though.

It depends on the terms of your diversion contract and the desires of the diversion officer. Contact the attorney who helped you with the diversion. He will have the best feel for how often or likely a UA is on your diversion.

Law Office of Patrick Lewis, (913) 558-3961, This answer is intended to provide general information about the justice system. It does not provide legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. It does not provide the basis for making decisions about a course of action. Legal advice requires more communication and information than is possible in this format. Many important considerations and factors need to be investigated and discussed before an attorney could give legal advice about this issue. Before making any decisions about a course of action readers are strongly encouraged to contact a lawyer and secure an attorney-client relationship. Readers must also understand that this format does not provide for confidential communication.