I've been married twice, do you think my 2nd husband will get denied his GC because its a short interval between my marriages?

Saint Paul, MN |
Filed under: Green cards

I put in a petition for my first husband and cancelled and got a divorce after finding out he was seeking a GC only. I got married to my 2nd husband and I'm petitioning for his GC card. We've been married for almost 3 yrs and been waiting for an answer every since. We receive a NOID, because they said some of our interview answers didn't match for the weekend in question.

That will depend on whether USCIS made an official finding that your first marriage was fraudulant. If they did, then the second I-130 petition will be extremely difficult to get approved. Even if they did not make an official fraud finding, they may be taking a very close look at this second marriage, especially if there really were inconsistencies during your interview. I definitely recommend that you have an attorney assist you in this matter, and I hope that USCIS makes a favorable decision for you and your husband.

THIS ANSWER IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE, AND DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. Immigration is complicated and the wrong action can have serious consequences. Never take action in your case based solely on general information like is offered here. Speak to an attorney who can give you specific advice about your own situation.