I've been charged with theft movable property 2500$ should I expect jail time

Asked 12 months ago - Milwaukee, WI

I served 3 days in jail and this is my first time in trouble would I go back to jail and will this be able to get cleared off my record. I'm 18 years old

1. Jeffrey W. Jensen

Pro

2

Answered . Based on the scant information you provide, no lawyer can possibly comment on whether you will be sentenced to jail, or whether the court would consider expunction (removal from your record). You should not post any more information in this forum. You should call me to discuss this privately.

2. Glenn E. Gaskill III

1

Answered . I would agree with the answer already offered to this question in that there is not enough information to give you a complete answer and that you should not post any information that is more specific than you already have. Based on what you have posted all outcomes are possible in this case. However, I will add that based on your age and lack of criminal record it is unlikely you would be looking at the maximum penalty or even close to it. You should call and retain an attorney so you can discuss this matter with them fully.