Skip to main content

I used my sister name when I got pulled over. He gave me a insurance ticket. And he let me go. I had court as my sister and went

Granite City, IL |

They gave me 30 days to get proof of insurance . I miss the next court date . And they sent a warrant in my sister name . She had got into an accident n called the police . They arrested her n she told them she has proof she was at work of the time it happened . They let her go . As of the 21st of Feb they sent me a ticket in the mail . I called them buzz there was no court date . they told me to come in . And bring in 170 to 320 . that I was going to get arrested .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Bring an attorney.


You need a lawyer. Impersonating your sister was a serious offense.


Hire an attorney. I know one in Collinsville if you want a recommendation.


Stop trying to fix this yourself and hire a local criminal defense attorney. You have dug yourself into a deep hole here and you are going to need help to get out.

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein


Not only do I agree, but the asker has also dragged her sister into the mess.


I would recommend talking to a lawyer in your area to at least ascertain if there is a current warrant for your arrest and how much bond you would need to post before walking into the lion's den! Most lawyers should provide you with this information as a courtesy whether you hire them or not. Feel free to call my office. Even if I'm not available my secretary could probably look that information up for you. Good luck.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer