I used an escort service in the US and now I want to apply for residency. What to answer to the "prostitution" questions?

Asked 12 months ago - Miami, FL

I used the Miami Companions service in Florida once and the service called "Bellamodels" in LA. Both (!!!) got raided/busted by the FBI. So I am now curious if it will come up during a background check when I apply for residency. My residency will be based on marriage to an US citizen. Is there a way to find out what the FBI has on record of me?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jeffrey Adam Devore


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . The ground of inadmissibility relating to prostitution is applicable only if you have engaged in prostitution, i.e. receiving compensation for perfoming a sexual act on a regular basis. It does not apply to the "john." However, it is unclear if you yourself have a criminal conviction. We run FBI checks on clients all the time when they have a criminal history.

    While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for... more
  2. Jesus Novo III

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . If you were charged, then obviously the answer will be "yes". The only sure way to know will be by doing a FOIA request.

  3. William David Umansky


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . I reposted your question under immigration so i hope you will get an answer from an immigration lawyer. It sounds like you are worried because you are on in a little 'black book' somewhere.

    Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,660 answers this week

2,828 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary