I understand my grandpa has died in 2012 so I was wanting to know how do I find any money he may have left me . His property is

Asked about 1 year ago - Spokane, WA

How do I found money he my grandpa may have left me or his will

1. Chandra Melissa Lewnau

1

Answered . I assume you have already asked his closest relatives and they can't or won't answer you. The most obvious place to look for a will or a record of a probate proceeding is in the county records of the county where your grandfather lived before his death. Even if no probate has been opened, your grandfather may have filed a will with the registry of the court during his lifetime, and any person with the original will is obligated to file it with the court shortly after the death. Note that in Washington, you can open a probate in any county. So if you don't find a record in his county, you should keep looking. It is also quite possible that your grandfather had no will and no probate has been opened. If you know the name of his attorney, you could also start asking there.

2. Joseph Michael Pankowski Jr

2

Answered . You will wish to review the probate court records in the town or city where your grandfather resided when he passed away. The will is a public record, so you can obtain a copy for a small cost. Good luck to you.

3. Michael Leo Potter

Pro

Answered . The probate of his Estate (and Will, if any) would give you the answers. Meet with a Washington-licensed Probate Attorney to discuss your concerns. See Avvo.Com under Find-A-Lawyer.