I turned in my sister for financial elder abuse and it went in to a probate court there was no investigation done.

my sister was gave conservator over P&E but I was the Durable P.O.A. with the proof of the crime and no one cared.

Hesperia, CA -

Edward Zaryl Kotkin

Edward Zaryl Kotkin

Government Attorney - Santa Ana, CA

Fraud and misdeeds in the conservatorship system are a challenge. Typically, there is at least some level of negligence and/or complicity by various responsible officials. Having prosecuted what was probably the most significant conservatorship fraud case in California history with a former law partner of mine, I can imagine your frustration.

If what you allege is true and I read it correctly, then yes, the appointed conservator can undertake to change a trust benefitting a conservatee. The conservator can also modify your durable power of attorney if she has not already done so.

You (and your mom who I suspect may be unable to act for herself) may have rights and remedies, and might well benefit from the assistance of legal counsel in trying to work with Adult Protective Services and/or local law enforcement, including the district attorney's office. Hiring a lawyer for that assistance will not be inexpensive, but may be in your mom's best interest.

Eric Jerome Gold

Eric Jerome Gold

Estate Planning Attorney - Calabasas, CA

I do not see an actual question presented. I understand that this appears to be very frustrating for you. If you are having issues, you should consider consulting with a local elder law attorney to look into your allegations and provide you with guidance and direction, if appropriate.

Neil Pedersen

Neil Pedersen

Employment / Labor Attorney - Irvine, CA

It sounds like you are just venting because there is no question asked. I am sorry you had this bad experience. There is nothing worse than a family battle.

Good luck to you.