I TRIPPED OVER WIRES AT WORK

Pelham, NY |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

I TRIPPED OVER WIRES AT WORK IN THE OFFICE AND HAD TO BE RUSHED TO THE HOSPITAL VIA AMBULANCE.DO I USE MY HEALTH CARE INSURANCE .

1. No. You should be covered under workers' compensation. I suggest you consult with a workers' comp lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. Workmen's comp covers medical expenses and lost wages due to an injury at work. Consult with a workmen's comp lawyer and a personal injury lawyer to see if you have a third party case.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

3. Begin with a wokers comp claim. Be sure you provide all required notifications on a timely basis. Comply with the health care follow up recommended by physicians, and by HR.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

4. This should be covered by workers compensation. You may also wish to discuss with a personal injury attorney, as the owner of the wires could have liability for the incident, as could the owner of the building, and the maintenance company.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com