I travelled to US in L2 Visa and filed EAD.Received the EAD on 30th Nov 12 with Expiry date as 24th Dec 12.Valid only for 28days

Tampa, FL |
Filed under: L-2 dependent visa

Current Visa Type: L2
Visa Expiry Date: 24-Dec-2012
I-94 Expiry Date: 02-Mar-2015
My Wife Visa details.
Current Visa Type: L1B
Visa Expiry Date: 24-Dec-2012
I-94 Expiry Date: 05-Aug-2015

Please advise on this situation what would be the process to change the EAD card expiration date .I need to join in the company By 1st week of Jan 2013.Your input on this could help me a lot.

The expiration date of your passport is irrelevant in this case. USCIS has made a mistake as your EAD should be issued either a) through the validity of your I-94 or b) for 2 years, whichever is less.

You can contact USCIS customer service yourself or retain an attorney for assistance.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

Many Thanks for you response. My passport expires only by Mar 2015. I've contacted USCIS National Service Center and they have created a service request and forwarded to USCIS and they have advised me to wait for couple of weeks. Please advice if I will be contacted by USCIS or can I go for an Info pass appointment to approach the local Immigration office in Tampa. I am running out of time since I need to join my company by first week of Jan 2013. Please advice.

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Jeffrey Adam Devore

If the service request is acted on properly you will receive a new EAD. For case specific advice you should schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney.

When does your passport expire? Otherwise, you can contact customer service.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Dear Sir, you may schedule an InfoPass appointment at the Tampa CIS office and bring this situation to the agency's attention in person. The Infopass officer will be able to access information related to the service request and providing updated information. It is possible that the local office can also contribute by requesting expedite and/or in some other way. Kathryn Reeves

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

The best we could do with you is attend an info pass with you. Here is our contact information in Tampa: KATHRYN E. REEVES Attorney IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS, LLP 2102 W. Cleveland St. PH: 813.463.0020 Tampa, FL 33606 FX: 813.463.0019 WWW.IMMATTYLLP.COM KREEVES@IMMATTYLLP.COM

Please check your passport's expiration date.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

Gen Kimura

Gen Kimura

I think you have to do an infopass right away and ask their assistance.

Have you obtained an extension of the L1 and L2 through 2015? If you obtained an extension to 2015, and have not left the US since your first entry, then the EAD should have been isssued for at leats a year and not to the date of the expiration of your visa. If you traveled out of the US and reenterd with your original vias, that may be why the EAD was issued only until Dec 2012. You should meet with an attorney who specializes in immigration matters and show them all of your docuemtns. They will be able to tell you what is going on and how it can be corrected.