I took my parents car out one night and hit another car on accident. and i only have a learners permit

Asked over 2 years ago - San Antonio, TX

only one person got hurt from the other car. but both cars got totaled. do i lose my permit and have to redo the classes, wait till im 18? i have no idea please help.

and i didnt have anyone over 18 in the car with me

1. Daniel David Horowitz III

5

Answered . You should consult a traffic attorney or criminal attorney in San Antonio.

2. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

3

Answered . If you took the car out without your parents you will probably lose your license because you violated a mandatory condition of your license restrictions. There could be serious problems because your parents' insurance may not cover (insure) the collision that you had. Best advice: go see a personal injury attorney.

3. Steven Mark Sweat

Pro

3

Answered . You will probably not lose your learner's permit so long as you were driving with a parent in the car but, you should consult with a traffic citation/DMV attorney in your area.

4. Howard Robert Roitman

Answered . If your car is insured, I hope, call the company. The Insurance company should give you a lawyer and he can help on this issue as well as defending you in the crash.