I took a settlement offer on my Work Comp case and later find out that there may have been malpractice involved! What can I do?

Asked about 1 year ago - Wichita, KS

Long story short, I hurt my back at work and was later fired for attendance issues that all revolved around the injury. I knew it was unfair so I took my case to court. I have seen 4 doctors for my injury. The first doctor was my late employers work comp doctor, and he is the one who told me that my MRI shows I have Pars Defect. When I asked what that meant, he told me it was a birth defect. I eventually seen a few other doctors and none of them ever told me different. I figured I could trust doctors so never researched it. I wanted to be fair about the situation, and beings I thought it was a birth defect, I took the first offer they threw at me, which was very little. Now that court is over, I find out Pars defect is NOT a birth defect, its a fracture, and can get worse. MALPRACTICE?????

1. Roger A. Riedmiller

3

Best Answer

Answered . You need to look for a medical malpractice attorney in Wichita to see if the failure to properly advise the patient, you, of the nature of this injury is actionable malpractice. I am not sure that you can argue that your damages include your incorrectly settling your workers comp case but a malpractice lawyer would know the answer to that one.

Pro

3

Answered . Call your WC lawyer to discuss

3. John M Connell

Pro

2

Answered . Since this is not aworkers compensation question you will have to change your category out of workers compensation to medical malpractice or personal injury to get answers from attys in that area of the law.