I took 60 dollars from an elderly woman i took care of at an assisted living facility. what are the penalties?

Tiffin, OH |

I was at work and i took 60 dollars from an elderly woman. I have never been convicted of a crime or even been in jail. I was wondering what the possible penalties are?

1. I've added a "Criminal Defense" tag for more exposure. Best of luck to you.

2. First, I suggest you are better off not confessing to or discussing a crime you committed online where anyone can see it. Second, you should retain an attorney who will be able to advise you.

For a free consultation related to medical malpractice, personal injury, workers' compensation, social security disability or nursing home abuse, please contact Lowenthal & Abrams, PC at 1-800-876-5299. I am licensed in Pennsylvania, but members of my firm are licensed in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance. I am licensed to practice law in the state of Pennsylvania.

3. Do not post anythign further about this as you will compromise any privilege you may have and consult with an attorney ASAP.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

4. You will want to refer to Ohio Revised Code 2913.02(B)(3). While theft valued less than $1,000 is usually a first-degree misdemeanor, it is enhanced when the complaining witness is a disabled or elderly individual. Elderly is defined as being 65 or older. If the elderly woman was over 65, the theft would be enhanced to a fifth-degree felony. A fifth-degree felony is punishable by up to a $2,500 fine and up to 12 months in prison.

5. Theft 3rd Degree. Penalties will probably be a fine and possible jail time - "possible" jail time. Without knowing everything, possibly up to a $5,000 fine and 364 days in jail. Don't hesitate to call me now. Vr

6. Best bet is to not write anything incriminating on Avvo, but instead, retain a local criminal lawyer for representation.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com