I took 60 dollars from an elderly woman i took care of at an assisted living facility. what are the penalties?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Tiffin, OH

I was at work and i took 60 dollars from an elderly woman. I have never been convicted of a crime or even been in jail. I was wondering what the possible penalties are?

1. Jennifer L. Ellis

Pro

10

Answered . First, I suggest you are better off not confessing to or discussing a crime you committed online where anyone can see it. Second, you should retain an attorney who will be able to advise you.

2. Zachary Douglas Mayo

8

Answered . You will want to refer to Ohio Revised Code 2913.02(B)(3). While theft valued less than $1,000 is usually a first-degree misdemeanor, it is enhanced when the complaining witness is a disabled or elderly individual. Elderly is defined as being 65 or older. If the elderly woman was over 65, the theft would be enhanced to a fifth-degree felony. A fifth-degree felony is punishable by up to a $2,500 fine and up to 12 months in prison.

3. George Costas Andriotis

9

Answered . Do not post anythign further about this as you will compromise any privilege you may have and consult with an attorney ASAP.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

Pro

8

Answered . Best bet is to not write anything incriminating on Avvo, but instead, retain a local criminal lawyer for representation.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Malosack Berjis

7

Answered . I've added a "Criminal Defense" tag for more exposure. Best of luck to you.

6. Victor Ro

6

Answered . Theft 3rd Degree. Penalties will probably be a fine and possible jail time - "possible" jail time. Without knowing everything, possibly up to a $5,000 fine and 364 days in jail. Don't hesitate to call me now. Vr