I thought i was protected against the whistleblower law

Asked over 1 year ago - Portland, ME

now that i have contacted the department of labor i vaccum hallways clean laundy rooms and change light bulbs. i used to paint and finish apartments. i havnt been in an apartment since d.o.l. came. I was told by my property manger that i opened a huge can of worms by calling d.o.l. I worked from 730 to 4 the six months prior to d.o.l. comming and worked after those hours without pay. not im being sent home between those basic hours i have always work to make time for me to work on sat night and sunday so i dont get overtime. my employer didnt have a promblem with making work countless numbers of overtime when he wasnt paying me and now that i have to clock in and out its a different story. they changed my hours and duties, the osha agent said on paper its not retaliation?

1. Inga L Stevens

Answered . Many employment lawyers will give a free consultation. It would be best for you to meet with one of the many great lawyers in Maine who specialize in this area of law. You can search for one here on Avvo. Good luck!

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now