I think there was a violation to my HIPPA privacy. Information was released from the company doctor that i did not approve.

Asked about 1 year ago - Biddeford, ME

I signed a release of medical information but checked the boxes saying i did not want any information to be released concerning Mental Health Drug addiction and sexaully transmited diesease. I said they could release information concerning my lower back left leg and left foot. Information was released conercing my mental health and other problems im having. What can be done

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . You may file a complaint--the Doctor's office may be fined by the governmetnt http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/

There may be a cause of action for such an event under your state's laws. Contact an attorney in your area to discuss the incident in detail and determine if you have any grounds for further action. Best of luck to you.