I think my wife has forged my signature on a spousal waiver for buy a property how do I go about finding without her knowing .

Asked about 1 year ago - Shreveport, LA

My wife bought a house this is in NY and according to the laws I am not sure, that if you are legally married your spouse must sign a waiver, However she bought the property without me signing any documents of such. How do I find out if my signature was forged on any documents.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Fadi N. Minawi

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Not an immigration question. Contact a real estate lawyer.

    Legal disclaimer: For specific advice on your case, Mr. Minawi can be reached at 1-866-929-0991 ext. 206 or by... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Neither an immigration question nor a spousal support question.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. Lauren G. Coleman

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need to obtain a copy of the deed from NY. Call the clerk for the county in New York where the property is located and ask how much to be sent a copy of the deed where she bought the property. Then get is sent to you and examine it to see if your signature is on it.

    Every situation is different and you should consult your own attorney to go over all the particular facts in your... more
  4. Kyndra L. Mulder

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contact the realtor or title company and ask to see the documents.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,566 answers this week

3,050 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,566 answers this week

3,050 attorneys answering