I think my wife has forged my signature on a spousal waiver for buy a property how do I go about finding without her knowing .

Shreveport, LA |

My wife bought a house this is in NY and according to the laws I am not sure, that if you are legally married your spouse must sign a waiver, However she bought the property without me signing any documents of such. How do I find out if my signature was forged on any documents.

Contact the realtor or title company and ask to see the documents.

Not an immigration question. Contact a real estate lawyer.

Legal disclaimer: For specific advice on your case, Mr. Minawi can be reached at 1-866-929-0991 ext. 206 or by answer does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Neither an immigration question nor a spousal support question.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

You need to obtain a copy of the deed from NY. Call the clerk for the county in New York where the property is located and ask how much to be sent a copy of the deed where she bought the property. Then get is sent to you and examine it to see if your signature is on it.

Every situation is different and you should consult your own attorney to go over all the particular facts in your case. The answer given is only intended to provide general guidance regarding rights and responsibilities.

Recommended articles about Immigration