I think my wife has filed a VAWA petition, she has a police report against her for assulting me.

Asked over 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

My Immigrant wife attacked me and is (i think) trying to file a VAWA claim, after looking at instructions to do this she will not even need the police report just some pictures and a couple of statements. Not even a divorce decree is needed ( now I see why there is so much fraud). If my lying wife petition is approved and we divorce, what happens to me, what will the government do to me? Instructions look like the proof that is required is very minimal and she will get permanet status based on a lie. Can she really get LPR if there is no police report and no divorce decree saying there is no domestic violence? If so how may I stop her from getting LPR? I am sure she lied to USCIS. Is there a way I can get anything put into the file if so will it even be taken seriously?

1. Kristina A. Gasson

6

Answered . See my answer on your previous question. The attorneys there gave you very good advice on this same question. Good luck.

2. Dean P Murray

6

Answered . I agree with my colleague. You owe it to yourself to contact a lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

3. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.