I think my husband married me for a green card, can I sue him? We have been separated for 10 months. I don't have money to divor

Houston, TX |

He refuses to respond to any of my requests for divorce. He doesn't answer any of my calls. We have been married for 2 years, separated 10 months of the 2 years. He changed drastically after we were married. He had an immigration attorney in order before we even discussed the matter. I have since removed myself from responsibilities with immigration. His application (green card) has been denied along with his authorization to work. We are still legally married, I wonder if he will have to go home should we divorce. Is that why he is avoiding divorce? After I informed immigration that I believed to be in a sham marriage, his app was denied. He NEVER admitted to me on paper that he married me for a g. card, however, he did make a verbal stmt to me that his intentions were to leave all along

Presumably, you could sue someone over anything, the question, is, is it worth it? In this case, it is not. ICE can prosecute him if they have evidence to believe that he committed marraige fraud. In order to get divorced, you should contact your local Legal Aid office, which for a nominal fee, can assist you with this.

He will likely be put into removal proceedings whether or not you are divorced.

Best regards,
Charles

Charles H. Kuck
Managing Partner
Kuck Immigration Partners LLC--The Immigration Law Firm
8010 Roswell Road, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30350
www.immigration.net
ckuck@immigration.net
Phone: 404/816-8611
Fax: 404/816-8615
Direct Dial: 404/949-8154 Toll Free: 1-866-286-6200
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ckuck or www.twitter.com/immman
Join me on Linkedin.com at http://www.linkedin.com/in/charleskuck
Join us on www.Facebook.com — Search within Facebook for “Kuck Immigration Group LLC”
Sign up for our podcasts on www.itunes.com -- Search “The Immigration Hour”
Read our blog at www.immigration.net/blog

Solutions for Your Immigration Problems
With additional offices in Charlotte, North Carolina, Orlando, Florida, and Gainesville and Dalton, Georgia.

Recommended articles about Immigration