I think my former attorney may be guilty of malpractice. what are the statue of limitations on this type of offense.

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

I had a Trust case involving my sister. I hired an attorney and I think he may have mishandled the case. How can I get some information on a legal course of action here.

1. Mark Steven Eisenberg

1

Answered . The statute of limitations for legal malpractice under California Code of Civil Procedure section 340.6 is one year from the date you knew or should have known of the attorney's negligent conduct, but in no event more than four years from that date. Section 340.6 enumerates four exceptions or "tolling" provisions to the general rule.

2. Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Pro

1

Answered . We need more information before we can try to help you. What, specifically was done that you believe may constitute malpractice?

I may be contacted at 212-553-9300.