I think I was being harassed and targeted because of my race.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I worked at a computer/sales agency about 2 years ago. Since the day I began to work there, the managers daughter was always harassing me, yelling at me & always trying to humiliate me infront of everyone else. On my first week there she took us into an immediate meeting because she wanted to talk about the RR making it obvious it was about me! Every girl in the meeting was 'white' & I was the only Hispanic she stated that she has heard that in "Mexico" they don't have flushing toilets so maybe this person in question didn't know we flush in America. The last straw was them (mngr & daughter) harassing my friend into letting them log into her Facebook to see if i was actually sick & they called my Dr. On speaker phone to ask them personal questions about me. So many more situations!.

1. Neville Francis Fernandes

3

1

Answered . You said you worked at the agency two years ago. When did you leave employment with the company? I ask because your claim might be barred from the statute of limitations. You generally need to file your complaint within one year of an adverse employment action. We would need to know your termination date in order to evaluate your case.

2. Kristine S Karila

2

Answered . Call an employment law attorney. Compile all your facts with dates, who said/did what, etc. Many of us offer a free initial phone consultation and take cases like yours at no cost to you. 949-481-6909. It is unlawful to discriminate against an employee because of his or her race or to harass someone due to their race if the harassment is either severe or pervasive. It is improper to ask your doctor personal questions about you and it would have been unlawful for your doctor to answer personal questions about you.

3. David Andrew Mallen

1

1

Answered . Wow. What a rude thing to say!

I would suggest that you contact a lawyer here on Avvo.com or celaweb.org., for a free consultation. Discrimination and harassment claims usually require a lawyer's analysis

It is unclear from your summary whether or not you were fired.

David Mallen