I think I need an attorney now

Asked over 4 years ago - Corona, CA

I need a little advise...please.
first case: I recieved full custody of my daughter after I found out that she missed 45 days of school with in a five month period alond with 27 tardies. She was in the second grade. The school never contacted me. I was suspicious of something and called the school. They sent me the records and said I was not on the emergency card. The district attorney contacted me a week later and I told him the story. He told me that he had no interest in me. Should he have not prosecuted the mother? Do I have a case against the school district for not following through with California law and prosecuting the mother?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jonathan H Levy

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Any prosecution would be at the discretion of the district attorney, he is not required to do so. I do not see any possible cause of action and even if there was one, the net result would be counter productive by turning the school district into your enemy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,448 answers this week

2,907 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,448 answers this week

2,907 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary