Skip to main content

I think i may be accused of doctor shopping. i have not been contacted by anyone, can a lawyer advise me what i should do now

Farmingdale, NJ |

i filled a prescription for adderall, and then filled another one from another doctor at another pharmacy. i have all sorts of reasons , first doctor not not willing to change meds ect. i now know that this is what is doctor shopping. no one has contacted me as of yet, but i am very troubled as you can imagine. what should mt next step be. please

Attorney Answers 2


Depending on the facts, you might be seen as doctor shopping. I suggest your forget about answers and questions on this board and see a local criminal attorney.

I am licensed in New Mexico and Pennsylvania, and therefore any discussion of issues related to other states must considered within that context. In addition, my comments are not intended to create a legal representation but merely to respond to the limited facts presented by the question. Any opinion herein is not meant as a precise statement of legal rights or as a recommendation of any particular course of action. A more complete legal review can be obtained through local counsel.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


As my colleague suggest, see a local defense attorney. AND, quit shopping around for drugs that have the potential for abuse. Jail, or no jail? Not so clear, but no shopping, no jail.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

Mark as helpful