I think i got an unfair OWI. Did i get screwed?

Asked about 2 years ago - Appleton, WI

I got into a fight with my ex at Chula Vista resort. I got mad and sped off in my car. Well the roads are curvy there and in my anger i didnt see a car coming so i went off the road just a little bit and I caught a green utility box. There was no damage to my car at all. So i went back to the hotel which is about 200 yards away if even. I told the security officer and he helped call the police for me. Well when the cops got there they started giving me sobriety tests which i passed. I had one 20oz beer at 10AM. This was around 3pm. My eyes were a little red from swimming all day. I have asthma and it was almost 100 degrees. I blew 3 times and it didnt work so they arrested me. Got a ticket for owi, hit and run and failure to notify police of accident. What can i do as i think this is unfai

1. Robert C. LeBrasseur

2

Answered . What you do is hire a DUI attorney and fight the allegations. The officer believe you failed the field sobriety test and therefore arrested you. You need an experienced DUI attorney.

2. Michael E. Rudolph

Answered . You called the police and they responded.This case may be dismissed as to the owi if you took all the chemical tests you were asked and required to take.If you declined to take the breath or blood test or delayed agreeing to take any chemical test then you can be punished for refusing to take a required test no matter how unfair you may believe that is.The law is very strict on refusal in WI.Otherwise, the case sounds very promising.The hit and run is no points and may be reduced.If there is a refusal you will have recieved a notice of Intent to Revoke your drivers license.If you did then you must follow the directions on the sheet and request a hearing within 10 working days or you automatically lose by default.Read all your paperwork and call my office at 920 730 8533.

3. Jimmie David Gentle

1

Answered . Hire an experienced, aggressive DUI attorney in the area where you are being charged. A local attorney will give you the best chance of obtaining a favorable outcome. They know the Judges, prosecutors, and procedures the best.

4. Ted Harvatin

Pro

Answered . you have the right to a trial.