I there still a no contact order?

Gainesville, FL |

I received a letter from someone i have charges against. This person in currently serving time after a VOP, and is incarcerated under the same charge i have against him. I was assuming that i was still protected by a No Contact Order, but he seems to think he is allowed to contact me. Does the technical fact that he has been resentenced remove the no contact provision? Is this something that has to be soecifically addressed at re-sentencing?

There may have been a no contact order originally when judge set bond. When the defendant got sentenced, he may have been ordered to not have contact with you during the duration of the sentence. You will need to contact the probation officer, state attorney or get a copy of his original sentencing dispo.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-228-3838 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at and put AVVO in the subject line.

I agree with my colleague. There is no way of knowing without seeing the court paperwork.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family & criminal law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-377-6828. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Your question needs some clarification if you would like an answer that is the best one which can be formulated in response to it. First of all, has he been sentenced on the VOP as a consequence of a new arrest in which you are the alleged victim, which resulted in his P.O. filing a violation, which is a sustantive violation arising as a consequence of the new case? Were you the alleged victim in the case with respect to which he was originally placed on probation. Did the terms of his probation in that matter contain any no contact or stay-away order with respect to you, or did the no contact/stay-away Order first come into being during the pendency of the "new" case which resulting in the Violation being filed by his P.O.? Last, as I understand it, he has not yet been sentenced with respect to the new case. Please clarify if these assumptions are all correct, and clarify any which are incorrect. I can tell you that if the court closed out both cases and made not reference to the Order already in existence to which you have made reference remaining in full force and effect, or, alternatively, if no corollary Order was made part of his new sentence, then he is free to contact you at his leisure (unless one or both of the underlying cases has a count which would encompass a prohibition of this sort, such as a violation of an injunction against domestic violence and so on.

How about some clarity? Did you ask your dog to jot down some notes or what?

We are pleased to offer a free thirty (30) minute initial telephone consultation, or, if possible, will attempt to schedule a free thirty (30) minute initial office consultation. Neither this offer of a free initial consultation, nor the mere fact that the initial consultation may have ultimately been conducted, whether telephonically or at our office location, should be construed; assumed; interpreted; or understood by any individual who was granted a free initial consultation for which no consideration of any sort whatsoever was tendered, to have formed or created an attorney-client relationship, or to have created any obligations owed by the attorney or attorney's firm to any individual who was given a free initial consultation, by the mere undertaking of the free initial consultation for which no consideration of any sort was tendered to attorney or attorney's firm. The formation of an attorney-client relationship occurs through the process of negotiation between the prospective parties, the individual seeking legal representation, and the attorney, acting individually, or as an agent of a firm (the capacity in which the attorney is acting shall be disclosed to prospective client, if negotiations for legal representation in exchange for good and valuable consideration are undertaken by the prospective client and the attorney. If agreement is reached by and between the parties for legal representation after the mutually satisfactory negotiation of the agreement for legal representation, and all of its individual terms; the scope of representation to be provided by the attorney to the prospective client has been delineated to the mutual satisfaction of the parties; the manner of payment of good and valuable consideration by the prospective client to the attorney has been determined; and it has been conceded by the parties that all of those factors upon which agreement had been reached by the parties and which were recited herein, had been agreed upon by the parties only after careful consideration and sufficient review of the document styled Agreement for Legal Representation, and after it has likewise been conceded by the parties that each respectively had been presented with the opportunity to have the document reviewed independently by each respective party's personal attorney, or any other attorney of his or her chooosing. If the Agreement for Legal Representation contains terms regarding contingency fee agreement or agreements for payment to the attorney for all or a portion of his or her services and legal representation on behalf of the Client, Client concedes that he or she has been presented with an additional document entitled "Statement of Client's Rights", which is a document created by the Florida Bar and approved for use in matters in which payment in full or part, is tendered by contingency fee agreement. Please note that any commentary or response offered through this site is based on the limited set of facts and background data supplied by the individual framing the question and would in all likelihood require more investigation before a complete response could properly be framed to thoroughly answer the question posed. No attorney-client relationship is, or should be presumed to be, formed through the comments or responses provided to the individual posing the question, as a courtesy, here, through this forum, nor should any other duties or obligations be construed; assumed; or otherwise be inferred to exist and/or owed to the individual who posed the question by the attorney who provided the best guidance possible to said individual under the circumstances presented as they were, including the unreasonable assumption that a full and thorough legal analysis of an individual's situation could be formulated simply based on the minute portion of the entirety of the facts and circumstances surrounding any legal matter, which could in no manner possibly be presented here in such a form which would allow for a thorough analysis, evaluation, or legal opinion to be formed by the Attorney.

Youre not a pretentious prick at all. Perhaps that brash dickishness is compensating for some other inadequacy... bet youre personal life is very bleak.