I teach & play guitar, can a lawyer help get me compensation from slicing my finger open on a jar of almond butter 3 days ago?

New York, NY |

i sliced my finger opening a jar of almond butter 3 days ago & still hurts a lot. I am a guitar player & teach guitar. There was a slight perturbing piece of metal on the cap {I felt after it sliced me and made me all bloody} I called the company & they said this has been a problem & to send product back & they will replace it. I had to play some gigs this weekend with a bandaged pointer finger, and my finger is very sore and still has an open cut. It is difficult to use this finger at all.

A local defective product lawyer can investigate a claim against the manufacturer.

Contact an attorney who handles manufacturer defects to investigate the incident. Save the jar and document all your injuries.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

Preserve all the evidence. Don't send jar back until you consult with counsel to at lest photograph and do measurements, etc. Document lost earnings and chronic effects. However, you may have a problem getting someone to review this unless you injuries become more significant.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

Marco Caviglia

Marco Caviglia

Oh, yes, and preserve the communication from the manufacturer that this "happens all the time."

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Recommended articles about Personal injury