I talked to my lawyer he is a mason too... He will not file any kind of action against the judge.

Asked over 2 years ago - Indianapolis, IN

I talked to my lawyer he is a mason too... He will not file any kind of action against the judge. He's telling me it will get fair at the final. I don't trust him anymore. I was married for twenty five years and our net worth is over a million. The ex closed out all the cd's in the banks that were in both names. He lives in our paid for house with his new girlfriend. He also runs the 3 semi's and all our tree company equipment we own. He was order to do weekly accounting, of course he has lost money for the last three years. I owe him almost $4500.00. The last accounting was June 10, 2011. I ask my attorney why he's not in contempt he told me that will all come out in the final. We built our paid for house on his family land so I was ordered off the promises. Married in 1984 and in 2007 the ex and his family created a trust and put the land where our house was in it so the judge ruled that it was not apart of our marriage. It was appraised for $180,000. I feel like I been raped. I owe my attorney over 20,000.00 dollars. The next hearing is set July that will be 3 years and four months. I need help! I have two credit cards in my own name thats how I have made it this far. I would borrow from one to pay the other for the last three years. I get nothing from the ex. I have no money. I pay for my food on a credit card. Should I let him have everything and walk away or should I trust my attorney and wait for the final. The ex in-laws will give him all the money he needs to make sure I get nothing. Note: I worked right by his side 6 and 7 days week to save our little empire that we built and raised 3 children of ours. I don't know what to do? I don't know who to trust. He was told by the judge to not sell anything but he sold some machines. I asked my lawyer if that should be reported to the judge he said we will in the final. Please give me your opinion.

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

2

11

Answered . Change lawyers if you feel uncomforatable, there are plenty of great ones here on avvo. I hope things work out. take care

2. Timothy P. Flynn

Pro

2

Answered . Wow, you have a lot going on here and it's all serious. My suggestion is that you mine this web site for AVVO rated family law attorneys (shoot for 8 or higher) that are in your area. Browse their profiles and select three that you want to make appointments with: like tomorrow. They should be willing to offer a free initial consultation. This time around, go with the attorney you get the best feeling from; to which you have the best connection, and hire that person immediately.