Skip to main content

I talked to my lawyer he is a mason too... He will not file any kind of action against the judge.

Indianapolis, IN |

I talked to my lawyer he is a mason too... He will not file any kind of action against the judge. He's telling me it will get fair at the final. I don't trust him anymore. I was married for twenty five years and our net worth is over a million. The ex closed out all the cd's in the banks that were in both names. He lives in our paid for house with his new girlfriend. He also runs the 3 semi's and all our tree company equipment we own. He was order to do weekly accounting, of course he has lost money for the last three years. I owe him almost $4500.00. The last accounting was June 10, 2011. I ask my attorney why he's not in contempt he told me that will all come out in the final. We built our paid for house on his family land so I was ordered off the promises. Married in 1984 and in 2007 the ex and his family created a trust and put the land where our house was in it so the judge ruled that it was not apart of our marriage. It was appraised for $180,000. I feel like I been raped. I owe my attorney over 20,000.00 dollars. The next hearing is set July that will be 3 years and four months. I need help! I have two credit cards in my own name thats how I have made it this far. I would borrow from one to pay the other for the last three years. I get nothing from the ex. I have no money. I pay for my food on a credit card. Should I let him have everything and walk away or should I trust my attorney and wait for the final. The ex in-laws will give him all the money he needs to make sure I get nothing. Note: I worked right by his side 6 and 7 days week to save our little empire that we built and raised 3 children of ours. I don't know what to do? I don't know who to trust. He was told by the judge to not sell anything but he sold some machines. I asked my lawyer if that should be reported to the judge he said we will in the final. Please give me your opinion.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Wow, you have a lot going on here and it's all serious. My suggestion is that you mine this web site for AVVO rated family law attorneys (shoot for 8 or higher) that are in your area. Browse their profiles and select three that you want to make appointments with: like tomorrow. They should be willing to offer a free initial consultation. This time around, go with the attorney you get the best feeling from; to which you have the best connection, and hire that person immediately.

Good luck.

The response to this post is not intended to provide specific legal advice or to create an attorney client relationship. Nor does our response to your post constitute solicitation for legal fees.

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis


good counsel



Answers never reply in this website...always tell people to hire a lawyer. The questions are ask, plain and simple, but always ignore.


Change lawyers if you feel uncomforatable, there are plenty of great ones here on avvo. I hope things work out. take care

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer