I take the ADA/Para Transit bus due to epilepsy. Guidelines are contrare & discriminate.

Asked over 1 year ago - Mcallen, TX

The guidelines first say I have to notify if I cancel 2 hrs. in advance. I don't know when the next seizure will hit. On the last page in fine print are the words "The City of McAllen, Metro McAllen, and Metro McAllen Paratransit do not discriminate on the basis of ,...DISABILITY in access to its transportation services or programs." To me, this is discrimination.

1. Adam Kielich

Answered . It is not disability discrimination if there is a uniform policy with a legitimate business reason. Based on the limited facts you have provided it sounds like this is a uniform policy and there is a legitimate reason why they have that policy. If there is a problem providing notice then you need to request an accommodation to the policy.