Skip to main content

I sued my husband for adultery and abandonment, do I need to hire a private investigator to prove that he's with his mistress?

Catonsville, MD |
Filed under: Divorce Adultery Alimony

If... what kind of proof do I need ?

Attorney Answers 3


Discuss this question with your lawyer only. No one else knows the facts of your case. In most states grounds no longer have anything to do with the disposition of the marital estate. Spending money on investigations may not be in your best interests if there is nothing to gain.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.

Mark as helpful


You previously posted this question 4 times, which Mr. Henry provided a correct response to. I would recommend seeing his response to the same question.

The content provided herein is for general information purposes only. This information contained within is not legal advice, nor is it intended to be. This information does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should not act upon information contained on this site without first seeking advice from an attorney.

Mark as helpful


I now see this question at least 7 times. Every time you get quality replies, yet you keep reposting for some unknown reason. I hope whatever happened to cause this blow to your head gets better, and I highly recommend getting medical treatment in case its a concussion

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics