I submitted my reply brief to 9th Cir.which forwarded to BIA 9 months ago.How can i find status of my case.

Asked over 1 year ago - Stockton, CA

I am pro se in Immigration case.

1. Kristina A. Gasson

3

Answered . Call the Automated Status Query System at 1-800-898-7180.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . You can call the number Ms. Gasson gave you ... but, unfortunately, you probably won't learn anything helpful.

It will probably just say 'pending'.

3. Dean P Murray

2

Answered . I agree. Don't expect a lot of information from that number. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

4. Michael E. Piston

1

Answered . The BIA is as unresponsive a body as you are likely to run in to and almost never provides any useful information in response to any kind of status request. I think the most you can hope for is just to confirm that they haven't actually lost your case. You also should make a record that you have been following up on this matter just in case BIA later claims that it in fact sent you something which you didn't respond to. So do write to the Board requesting the status and copy the attorney who represented the DHS when the case was last before the Board. If you don't get a response in 30 days I would follow up with a formal motion to ask the Board to provide the status of the matter. If you do those things then at least you have created a record showing that you have been following up with "due diligence" which might prove important later if there is in fact a problem in this case. One last possibility is that you might ask the Attorney who represented the government before the 9th Circuit if he knows the status of your case before the Board. Although he'll probably say "its not my problem" sometimes they can prove to be extraordinarily helpful.