I submited a I-129 fiance but my fiace can apply for a b2 visa to visit me and have her vacation without any problem.

Asked over 1 year ago - 08904

the usa immigration tell me that is going to take more that 6 months. I apply for this visa on Sep 12,2012 they only are in application submmited in May on Feb 2013.

1. Irene Vaisman

Pro

5

Answered . I am sorry, what is your question? Can the fiancee still come on the B-2 while the K-1 is pending? Probably not.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Yolanda Navarrete

4

Answered . Because you have a pending immigrant application, it is highly doubtful she will be granted a visitor's visa.

3. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

4

Answered . Technically this is allowed under the law, but usually when the consular officer sees the I-129F or learns of your relationship, they will not issue the B-2 for having immigrant intent.

4. Dean P Murray

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues to the extent that the B-2 visa requires a showing of non-immigrant intent which it will be difficult for her to prove given her relationship with you.

If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

5. Eric M. Mark

Pro

Answered . Applying for a B visa while an I129F is pending is likely to be denied if she tells the truth on her application and at her interview. If she does not tell the truth, she will be charged with fraud and be unable to benefit from the fiance petition. Most likely, you are going to have to visit her there (which is actually a good thing). Now would be a smart time to consult with a lawyer before you make a mistake that has long term negative consequences.

6. Stephen D. Berman

Answered . She can certainly visit on a B2, but a B2 is not to be used to immigrate to the U.S., so she would need to demonstrate she is just coming to visit.

7. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

Answered . She can always apply for one; but she is unlikely to get it considering her relationship with USC and immigrant intent.