I sublet a chair in a barber shop where the owner who rents the shop has not paid the rent and is being evicted how do i sue him

Asked over 4 years ago - San Francisco, CA

i rent a chair in a barber shop where there are three chairs the owner pays the rent on the whole shop and me and another barber pay him rent for our chairs if he get evicted how do we sue him because we pay rent on time and the rent that we pay can cover the cost of the shop

1. James Coy Driscoll

Pro

Answered . Has the shop owner received a 3-day notice to pay or a summons and complaint? If he does not pay the rent to the landlord, you can all be evicted. You may want to talk to him and/or the landlord about taking over the lease. You can add yourself as a defendant in the unlawful detainer (eviciton) lawsuit by filing a pre-judgment claim of right of possession with the court.

This is not legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. This is merely a discussion of general legal principles; the nature of this communication is such that not enough information is available to give specific advice. If you want further information, you should contact a lawyer with experience in your area of interest.