I Still owe traffic fines in Asheville Ga . Can i get a Florida id , where I now live

Jacksonville, FL |

I was pulled over in Asheville Ga in 2009 , for No insurance & suspended registration , ( it was someone else's car . As far as I can tell there is no warrant or Failure to appear , just the fines . I need to get an ID to get work . is it possible ?

You should be able to get an ID, go to your local DMV with all of the required identification documents.

Avvo.com answers provided solely for informational purposes. Answers are not legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. If you are seeking legal advice, contact a competent attorney in your local jurisdiction. Learn more about my practice at www.drivenlegal.com.

What about a Fl. DL, or I would have to wait until that is resolved?

David P. Gilbert

David P. Gilbert

It would be better to resolve the out of state issue before obtaining the FL DL. However, you may be able to get a FL DL now, but it will likely be suspended eventually for the out of state suspension.