Skip to main content

I stay in Georgia and a person who was drunk and high on drugs crashed into my house. I was struck by his vehicle(nissan titan)

Columbus, GA |

I sustained back, legs, arms,head injuries, etc. I been going to a chiropracter over a year and the insurance company is only offering me a very small amout to settle this case(7900) My house has been destroyed and I was homeless for over 7 months. What would be a reasonable amount for me to ask for in a settlement or should I go to court to let them decide? I have already hired a lawyer last year, but no results yet.

Attorney Answers 7

  1. If you haven't already, I strongly advise you to call your attorney and find out what in the hell is going on. They should be in a better position than any of us on here to answer your questions. If for some reason they are not, I am sure there are plenty of other attorneys who would be more than happy to handle your case.

  2. You have an attorney and they are best able to determine the value of your claim.

    Good luck.

    This response is for general information only, no attorney client privilege has been established by this communication.

  3. Your lawyer is in the best position to deal with these issues. Set up a meeting with the lawyer and discuss these issues.

  4. What would the the reasonable thing to do is to retain an attorney. Most of the time when an attorney is not involved in these type of matters, the insurance company does not treat you fairly. Please feel free to give our office a call if you would like to discuss this matter further.

    Darrell B. Reynolds,
    Attorney and Counselor at Law
    2385 Lawrenceville Highway, Ste D
    Decatur, Ga. 30033

  5. Your lawyer is the first person to ask, but if you'd like to discuss it, my partner and I worked for insurance companies a combined 29 years before switching sides. I believe you have a case worth a substantial amount. Whatever you do I wish you the best of luck.

  6. You have an attorney who has seen your medical evidence and knows the facts of the case, the available coverage, etc. Asking someone here to take a wild guess with none of that information is not only asking the impossible, but it will, if anyone guesses, get you answers that are likely to be wrong.

    If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

  7. A person can fire their lawyer at any time simply by sending a termination letter.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

DUI accidents topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics