Skip to main content

I sold material to a US customer and he is not paying and has held goods for more than a year. He now blackmails me and asks to

Chicago, IL |

the customer is now asking for money to release the goods. I had used a collection agency (US based) to go after him , and so he engaged an attorney who sent me a contract saying that the customer would return all goods if i clear his charge. I told the collection agency to withdraw his case.. now the guys is blackmailing me and telling me to pay him money to get the goods released. What can I do . I have the contract that his attorney sent clearly stating that he will be returning the goods

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Your options depend almost entirely on how much money is at stake.

  2. I would file a police report for Fraud. I would also have your attorney contact his with a threat to engage in Litigation with trebel damages for Fraud. See Avvo.Com under Find-A-Lawyer. Good Luck!

Business topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics