I sold a used motor online.The buyer claims the motor has a rod knocking and is now returning it.Do I have to accept it legally?

Asked about 2 years ago - Cullman, AL

Buyer ran an ad online looking for a porsche 911 motor.He lives in California.I live in Alabama and happened to have a correct motor pulled out of a used car and sold it to him.He contacted me claiming the motor is knocking and started a dispute case with pay-pal on this transaction.Now he has shipped it back to me without calling or emailing me and the motor should arrive sometime today.Do I legally have to accept/sign for this motor? It was sold to me as running,but I never ran it and told this to the buyer via emails before the purchase.

1. Michael Eli Quiat

1

1

Answered . I can't speak to the issue of how PayPal will handle it, but I certainly would not accept delivery. This was a used part, presumably sold "as is". Unless there was a misrepresentation on your part, I doubt that he has a right to rescind the agreement. Again however, I don't know how paypal will handle it.