I sold a truck and trailer under a sells agreement and they defaulted on said agreement, how do I regain possession????

Asked 7 months ago - Garland, TX

can you please give me step by step instructions on how to regain possession of my property please

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Daniel Lee O'Neil

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Do not attempt self-help because you will likely create a number of new (and worse) legal problems for yourself. Talk to the business lawyer/general counsel that helped you draft the contract, they will know how to efficiently and through the proper legal process get your property back for you. Best of luck

    Statements posted on the Avvo Q&A section are not legal advice. No prudent person anywhere at any time should ever... more

Related Topics

Property repossession

Property repossession can happen if you are behind in your payments. Creditors are not required to send notice before they repossess your property or vehicle.

Robert Franklin Dean

Vehicle Repossessions in Maryland

Car dealers and other merchants dealing in very valuable goods who allow customers to finance their purchases usually keep a security interest in the goods they sell. If the purchaser... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,619 answers this week

2,278 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,619 answers this week

2,278 attorneys answering