I sold a house as is and at closing, the bill of sale had these paragraphs, which i was told is the "as is" clause, is it?

For the sum of One Dollar ($1.00)and other good and valuable consideration paid to Seller by Buyer, Seller has bargained and sold, and by these presents does grant and convey unto Buyer, all of the following goods and chattels "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTY EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, which are owned by and in possession of seller at the subject property : All items on the preprinted purchase agreement and (left empty) Seller agrees to warrant and defend the sale of said goods and chattels against claims of any and all persons or persons whomsoever. Seller acknowledges that the consideration for the sale of said goods and chattels was actual and adequate and that said sale was in good faith for the purposes herein set forth and not for the purpose of security or for defrauding creditors.

Lansing, MI -

Christine Marie Heckler

Christine Marie Heckler

Business Attorney - Brighton, MI

You are going to have an attorney review all of your documentation, especially the deed. A house is "real property," but the language you have quoted above refers to "goods and chattels." Presumably you closed this sale without an attorney. Handling a real estate transaction without an attorney can be an extremely costly mistake.

John F. Brennan

John F. Brennan

Business Attorney - Saint Clair Shores, MI

None of the the language is an as is clause as to the realty. Additionallyy it would appear you warranted title to the personal goods, and most probably to the title of the land if you signed and conveyed via a warranty deed.
Real estate.transactions are not transactions which should be entered into without an attorneys review. I would take what you did to an attorney, explain what your wanted to do and ask to have the deal reformed to you intentions before a problem arises.