I sold a house as is and at closing, the bill of sale had these paragraphs, which i was told is the "as is" clause, is it?

Lansing, MI |

For the sum of One Dollar ($1.00)and other good and valuable consideration paid to Seller by Buyer, Seller has bargained and sold, and by these presents does grant and convey unto Buyer, all of the following goods and chattels "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTY EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, which are owned by and in possession of seller at the subject property : All items on the preprinted purchase agreement and (left empty)

Seller agrees to warrant and defend the sale of said goods and chattels against claims of any and all persons or persons whomsoever.

Seller acknowledges that the consideration for the sale of said goods and chattels was actual and adequate and that said sale was in good faith for the purposes herein set forth and not for the purpose of security or for defrauding creditors.

1. You are going to have an attorney review all of your documentation, especially the deed. A house is "real property," but the language you have quoted above refers to "goods and chattels." Presumably you closed this sale without an attorney. Handling a real estate transaction without an attorney can be an extremely costly mistake.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided as general information, which may not be appropriate for the specific facts of your particular situation. No attorney-client relationship has been established based on this limited communication. You are advised to consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction before taking any action or inaction that may affect your legal rights. www.hecklerlawoffice.com

2. None of the the language is an as is clause as to the realty. Additionallyy it would appear you warranted title to the personal goods, and most probably to the title of the land if you signed and conveyed via a warranty deed.
    Real estate.transactions are not transactions which should be entered into without an attorneys review. I would take what you did to an attorney, explain what your wanted to do and ask to have the deal reformed to you intentions before a problem arises.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for you choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .