I slipped today at a major grocery on icing directly infront of a store employee what do i do?

Alexandria, VA |

I was walking throught the bakery with a cart trying to
manouver around three people one who happens to be a bakery employee engaged in a conversation. she happens to be standing a few feet from where i slipped on what appeared to be icing. i got up and spoke with the manager who took a incident report. i didn't have my phone on me to take pictures but i know they have video on my slip. im not a sue type of person but i am in excruciating pain in my leg and back. what shoukd i do

The first thing to do is seek medical attention. Then consult a local personal injury lawyer . You can find one here on Avvo.

Attorney Inga Stevens is licensed in Maine. She provides general information on Avvo.com. No attorney-client relationship arises out of the information given here.

You may have a viable legal claim. Excruciating pain alone will not likely make for damages which would merit the time and expense for a personal injury lawyer to take on your case. Find out about the nature and extent of your injuries before talking to claims people. Talk to a local personal injury lawyer instead.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

I am answering this in July so I guess this happened a while ago. Make sure you treat as your doctor proscribes and see a local lawyer. I have attached the links to some articles that may be helpful. Good luck!

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.