I slipped on water on a restaurant floor yesterday. I didn't fall but I twisted my ankle. It really hurts today. What do I do?

I told the waiter and he said he would clean it up. I don't have health insurance right now so I haven't been to the doctor. What should I do?

Anderson, SC -

Michael R Crosner

Michael R Crosner

Personal Injury Lawyer - Northridge, CA

Immediately contact a local personal injury attorney - it he feels that you have a valid claim that attorney should be able to assist you in receiving treatment without charge on a lien basis. Slip & fall claims are complex - simply falling at the restaurant does not mean they are at fault. It depends if the restaurant knew or should have known of the water - how long it was present etc etc. Get professional assistance - most personal injury attorneys offer free initial consultations.

Justin Michael Lovely

Justin Michael Lovely

Personal Injury Lawyer - Myrtle Beach, SC

You need to get treatment and consult with an injury attorney. You may have a slip and fall type case. Your attorney can help you get the treatment you need and proceed with your cause of action. Good Luck!

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

Get medical attention, and call a local personal injury lawyer to investigate.

Ryan S Montgomery

Ryan S Montgomery

Personal Injury Lawyer - Greenville, SC

I agree with other answers. Good luck

Andrew Daniel Myers

Andrew Daniel Myers

Personal Injury Lawyer - North Andover, MA

Premises liability cases turn on whether or not the owner or operator of the property maintained their location reasonably safely. A large part of the question is whether or not they knew or should have known of the danger and could have taken reasonable precautions. Here's more: [Blue-Link-Below]

Seth Raven Carroll

Seth Raven Carroll

Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer - Richmond, VA

Call Michael DeMayo.

Related Advice