Skip to main content

I slipped on perfume at the walgreens yesterday..

Cranford, NJ |

I fell at walgreens yesterday what looked to be residule spray from someone spritzing perfume. I fell so hard my phone went flying 10 feet. I cracked my knee so it's swollen and oddly enough feels numb for three inches under my knee cap and my left hand by my wrist is swollen and bruised and very tender to the touch. That doesn't bother me as much as the 18 people working and shopping in the store that saw this happen, to which NO ONE HELPED ME. Not a one. I picked myself up, crying and sobbing i walked to the front counter. The kid working the counter said "wow I saw you fall. Is it wet or something over there because you are the second person who fell today." Still sobbing i walked out of the store and went home. I am in so much pain today and dont know what to do, who to call, nothing.

Attorney Answers 8

  1. I am sorry to hear about your accident and truly hope you feel better. The first thing is obviously you should seek any medical care you deem necessary to treat your injuries.

    Once you are feeling up to it, you should consult with an attorney who has experience handling slip and fall cases and injuries. That attorney should be able to advise you whether you have any recourse against Walgreens and/or their insurance company for your injuries, pain and suffering.

    I have experience handling slip and fall matters similar to this as a defense attorney. In this regard, I am familiar with how Walgreens and/or their insurance company typically evaluate such matters. Additionally, I have filed a claim for negligence against Walgreens in the past and was able to resolve that matter in my client's favor without filing a lawsuit. Obviously, past results are no guarantee of future awards. However, I would be happy to consult with you in this matter after you seek necessary treatment.

    You may contact me for a free consultation.
    Timothy J. Fonseca, Esq.
    Cutolo Law Firm, LLC
    151 Highway 33 East
    Suite 204
    Manalapan, NJ 07726
    Tel: 732.414.1170
    Fax: 732.414.1167

    The information provided in the above answer is for informational purposes only with the express understanding that no attorney-client relationship exists. The information provided is based on the facts you have provided in your question. For a detailed answer based on all the facts, kindly contact me to set up a consultation in person or over the phone.

  2. You need to seek medical attention right away. This will not only allow you to get the medical treatment necessary to help you recover, but it will document your injury. You also need to contact a local personal injury lawyer asap.

    This response is not intended to act as legal advice. I am not licensed to practice law in any state other than the State of Illinois. No attorney-client relationship is formed until you sign an attorney-client agreement with my office.

  3. That is correct, you should seek medical attention right away not only for health reasons but to make sure that your injury is documented.

    After that you should consult with an attorney regarding filing a lawsuit against Walgreens. Sounds like you have a pretty good case for negligence since a store employee noticed that other people fell there and did nothing about it

    This answer should not be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship, and is for informational purposes only, not legal advice.

  4. I agree with my colleagues. If you live in the Morris County area and would like to discuss this matter with me, please do not hesitate to call. The link to my web site is below.

  5. I suggest that you call an attorney ASAP - I have some concerns about the fact that it appears as if there was no report filed by Walgreen's. Although it is understandable that you just went home (many of my clients do that after a fall, especially if they were embarrassed, or didn't realize the extent of the injuries until later), in those situations, I have often dealt with the defense that the "fall never happened". I have had a few cases (and Wal-Mart was the worst offender) where no incident report was filed, and Wal-Mart hinted/argued that the falls never happened. Your attorney can put the Walgreens on notice, can advise them that the kid at the counter made an admission, and advise them that any destruction or failure to keep the copies of video surveillance tapes would be considered spoliation of evidence with a presumption of negligence.

    I would also, has already been advised, get medical treatment immediately, not only because you need to get treatment to get better, but to document the injuries.

    Each case is fact senstive, so all answers should be viewed as general advice only, and should never replace a thorough and in depth consultation with an experienced attorney. Further, an answer should not be seen as establishing an attorney-client relationship.

  6. I am very sorry to hear what happened to you and it is rather unfortunate and disappointing that no one could bother to offer you a helping hand. My law firm is located in Millburn, which is not far from Cranford, and if you would like then please feel free to contact me to schedule a free consultation. I would also be glad to discuss your potential case over the telephone and to help guide you at your convenience.

    LEGAL DISCLAIMER................................................................................................................ Mr. Kreiner is licensed to practice law in NJ, NY and FL. His response does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended only to provide general information about the matter in question. In fact, the questioner may often leave out details, which would make the reply to the question unsuitable and/or inapplicable. Consequently, Mr. Kreiner strongly advises the questioner to confer with an experienced attorney in their own state to acquire more information about the question posed.

  7. All of the responses provide excellent advice. I handle personal injuries matters such as yours and I am Certified by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey as a Civil trial Attorney. It appears my office in Springfield is in close proximity to where you live so feel free to call me to discuss and to schedule a free consultation. My number is 973-467-5100

  8. You certainly got much sound egal advice here. I agree with my colleagues. It is very important that you retain an attorney. These cases are billed on contingency, so you do not have to pay attorney fees unless you are compensated financially. An attorney needs to protect the record right away. Not only do you need your medical bills paid, but an investigator must take a statement from the employee who told you that you were the second person to fall that day. Walgreens has been sued a lot over the years. many of us are experienced suing this company. You have good choices right here. Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon.

    Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics