I slipped in grocery store what is fair settlement

Asked almost 2 years ago - Casselberry, FL

I have 2 herniated disks, did 25 weeks chiro therapy, and have been told will be 7% perm disabled, and am wondering what a fair settlement would be, I tried calling my attorney but haven't heard back from him and was wondering what a generalized ball park range for something like this is

1. Jason D. Holbrook

7

Answered . The answer to your question varies greatly depending upon the liability issues, the extent of your damages and a myriad of other issues. None of the attorneys on this site will be able to give you an accurate or remotely accurate estimate of the fair value of your case without full knowledge of the entirety of your case.

Follow-up with your lawyer and present all of your questions to your attorney. Keep asking questions until you understand all of the answers. Your lawyer has no incentive to not give you accurate answers or keep you informated of the status of your case. If you don't let your attorney know that you don't understand an answer or that you still have questiosn after he answers you, your attorney will assume that everything has been explained to your satisfaction.

2. Jeffrey Mark Adams

5

Answered . Call your attorney and request a meeting. He/she is in the best position to "know" your case and reasonable "value". An attorney, or staff, should always respond to appropriate requests for status, etc. within a day. Good luck.

3. Andrew Daniel Myers

4

Answered . One of many reasons none of us on this side of the computer screen can give you an accurate "ball-park" injury case evaluation is that the diagnosis and permanency ratings you give are part of the many factors that must fit into the final calcutation. For example, no two herniations are the same. Harrison Ford sustained a herniation in the midst of filming one of the Indiana Jones movies and kept on filming. Other herniations cause immediate excruciating pain stopping all activity.

This only scratches the surface of personal injury case evaluation process by trial attorneys.

Also, we have not even mentioned the wildcard of liability. Only a very rare slip and fall brings 100% liability. It is in fact a sliding scale that is one factor of many.

IF THERE IS SUCH A THING AS A PERSONAL INJURY CASE CALCULATOR, CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE:

Pro

4

Answered . There is no way to determine a settlement value without knowing all the facts and circumstances. Retain a personal lawyer in your state to investigate this claim.

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Ronald Shane Smith

Pro

Answered . I have to second the advice already given - you need to talk to your lawyer. Your claim is going to be very dependant on your treatment, prior medical conditions, your medical bills, and whether you need any surgery. Also on any slip and fall - liability is a key part in any settlement. You should definitly make an appointment to talk to your lawyer.

6. Howard Robert Roitman

Answered . The amount of compensation for a personal injury will primarily depend on the severity of the injury. Serious injuries (such as broken bones, severed limbs, brain damage) that cause intense physical pain and suffering will tend to receive the highest injury settlements.[6]

Aside from compensation for injuries, the injured person can also get compensated for how the injuries have affected his or her life. An example, a keen cricketer suffers a wrist injury which prevents him from playing cricket during the cricket season. This can be compensated for, over and above the award for the injury itself. This is called loss of amenity, and the award for loss of amenity is part of the claim for pain, suffering and loss of amenity.[7]

In the same manner the injured person can also be compensated if, as a result of the injuries, there has been an inability to doing work which was previously really enjoyed. This is called loss of congenial employment.

7. Michael Curtis Greenberg

Pro

Answered . Your question should be posed only to your attorney. Make an appointment to personally meet with him or her. Good luck to you.