I slipped in grocery store what is fair settlement

Casselberry, FL |

I have 2 herniated disks, did 25 weeks chiro therapy, and have been told will be 7% perm disabled, and am wondering what a fair settlement would be, I tried calling my attorney but haven't heard back from him and was wondering what a generalized ball park range for something like this is

Call your attorney and request a meeting. He/she is in the best position to "know" your case and reasonable "value". An attorney, or staff, should always respond to appropriate requests for status, etc. within a day. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

The answer to your question varies greatly depending upon the liability issues, the extent of your damages and a myriad of other issues. None of the attorneys on this site will be able to give you an accurate or remotely accurate estimate of the fair value of your case without full knowledge of the entirety of your case.

Follow-up with your lawyer and present all of your questions to your attorney. Keep asking questions until you understand all of the answers. Your lawyer has no incentive to not give you accurate answers or keep you informated of the status of your case. If you don't let your attorney know that you don't understand an answer or that you still have questiosn after he answers you, your attorney will assume that everything has been explained to your satisfaction.

Until you retain this firm and we have an attorney client relationship, nothing stated above should ever be construed as legal advice on which you may rely in your actions. If you would like to discuss further, please contact me. Jason Holbrook, Esq. Holbrook Law www.holbrooklawpa.com Sarasota Office 1990 Main Street Suite 750 Sarasota, FL 34236 (888) 908-7824 toll free (941) 538-7878 phone (941) 538-7879 fax

One of many reasons none of us on this side of the computer screen can give you an accurate "ball-park" injury case evaluation is that the diagnosis and permanency ratings you give are part of the many factors that must fit into the final calcutation. For example, no two herniations are the same. Harrison Ford sustained a herniation in the midst of filming one of the Indiana Jones movies and kept on filming. Other herniations cause immediate excruciating pain stopping all activity.

This only scratches the surface of personal injury case evaluation process by trial attorneys.

Also, we have not even mentioned the wildcard of liability. Only a very rare slip and fall brings 100% liability. It is in fact a sliding scale that is one factor of many.

IF THERE IS SUCH A THING AS A PERSONAL INJURY CASE CALCULATOR, CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE:

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

There is no way to determine a settlement value without knowing all the facts and circumstances. Retain a personal lawyer in your state to investigate this claim.

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

I have to second the advice already given - you need to talk to your lawyer. Your claim is going to be very dependant on your treatment, prior medical conditions, your medical bills, and whether you need any surgery. Also on any slip and fall - liability is a key part in any settlement. You should definitly make an appointment to talk to your lawyer.

The amount of compensation for a personal injury will primarily depend on the severity of the injury. Serious injuries (such as broken bones, severed limbs, brain damage) that cause intense physical pain and suffering will tend to receive the highest injury settlements.[6]

Aside from compensation for injuries, the injured person can also get compensated for how the injuries have affected his or her life. An example, a keen cricketer suffers a wrist injury which prevents him from playing cricket during the cricket season. This can be compensated for, over and above the award for the injury itself. This is called loss of amenity, and the award for loss of amenity is part of the claim for pain, suffering and loss of amenity.[7]

In the same manner the injured person can also be compensated if, as a result of the injuries, there has been an inability to doing work which was previously really enjoyed. This is called loss of congenial employment.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

I am a stay at home mother of 3 girls..my youngest being 2, I have picked up my daughter and put her in bed every night since birth. I can no longer pick her up without severe pain, she didn't sleep through the night for over a month because her normal structured bed time events were disrupted.

Your question should be posed only to your attorney. Make an appointment to personally meet with him or her. Good luck to you.

No attorney/client relationship is formed between the attorney responding to this question and the individual asking the question.