Skip to main content

I slipped and fell from oil on the ground in the carport, I then tripped off the elevator of the apt building

Inglewood, CA |

the elevator didn't stop on the floor completely , I informed the manager and it took a week to fix . now i am in a lot of pain . what should I do .

Attorney Answers 10

  1. Get a personal injury lawyer asap. Take photos of the oil spill and your injuries. Do not speak to anyone but your lawyer.

  2. Sounds like you have a case for premises liability. You need to see a treating physician asap to document your injuries. Contact an attorney who can have you treated without paying anything up front.

  3. I would document your injuries by seeing a doctor. I would also file and incident report with your property manager.

    If your injuries are serious I would contract a local personal injury attorney. You can find one on AVVO.

    Good luck.

    AVVO DISCLAIMER I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I provide are for general information only and are NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and therefore must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interaction between an attorney and client and specific exact facts and the law. I do not retain clients without a signed RETAINER AGREEMENT. The Avvo forum does not allow for the discussion and the interaction necessary to form a complete legal analysis. Therefore the answers given to any specific question would most likely be different if there was attorney-client interaction. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such an attorney client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged nor are they confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and statutory time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in the answers to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an qualified attorney for legal advice licensed in the proper jurisdiction. Finally, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

  4. Assuming that you have already sought at least some medical attention, you should contact a local personal injury attorney, as soon as possible, so that he/she can assist you with your potential claim(s).

  5. Get the medical attention you require. You would need to retain a personal injury lawyer to investigate. Find a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you get the lion’s share of the settlement, not your lawyer. Thus, don’t get hurt twice by paying a huge fee. Good luck.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

  6. Take pictures of the area affected. Second go to a doctor and get treated. Third, call a PI lawyer in your area and finally, file a report with the management. Best of luck.

    This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

  7. Get medical treatment ASAP. The longer you wait the worse it is for your case. Speak to local attorney.

  8. see a doctor and contact a lawyer

  9. You appear to have two claims for premises liability, one for injuries caused by slipping and falling due to oil on the carport floor and the other for injuries caused by tripping and falling due to defective leveling of the elevator floor with the adjacent floor. You have the burden of establishing that each of the two incidents was caused by the negligent maintenance of the premises' ownership, management, or service personnel or possibly the manufacture of a defective elevator. And, you have the burden of sorting out which injuries were caused/aggravated from which incident. Your pain may or may not reflect enough bodily injury, pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, medical expense, earnings loss, and other "damages" to warrant involving a lawyer or litigation beyond small claims court. Good luck.

  10. hire a lawyer immediatley in fla that is a violation of the Elevator code and you have a slam dunk case. Consult a doctor asap.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics