I slid into a car while raining that suddenly stop while he was on a cell phone . I got a ticket for following to close

I was in someone else car the police told me to go to court should should I try to fight the ticket

Atlanta, GA -

Allen Rust Knox

Allen Rust Knox

Criminal Defense Attorney - Kennesaw, GA

What's your defense? If you are going to fight a ticket, you have to have a valid defense. Otherwise, you are just irritating the judge who will sentence you. So far, your excuse is that you were driving too fast for the rainy conditions to be able to appropriately stop your car. That is not a legal defense; it is actually a separate traffic offense called "Too Fast for Conditions." As a driver, you are responsible for keeping your car at a speed that will allow you to maintain control of it. In this instance, you were going to fast for the conditions to be able to stop your car before hitting the rear end of another vehicle. It is of no consequence that the vehicle in front of you stopped suddenly. You are supposed to keep a safe distance behind that vehicle so that you don't run into it when that happens. Sorry, but that is the law. You don't have a legal defense to this ticket.

What you should do is enter a plea such that you do not admit liability for the civil claim. If you simply plea guilty, you will be admitting to your negligence in causing the accident. However, you can enter a certain kind of plea that will allow you to take responsibility for the ticket without setting you up for absolute civil liability in the auto claim. Therefore, you will need a lawyer to assist with your plea (and to negotiate your fine). If I can be of assistance, please call.

Allen R. Knox
125 TownPark Drive, Suite 300
Kennesaw, GA 30144
(678) 334-1399

Darrell Brinnett Reynolds Sr.

Darrell Brinnett Reynolds Sr.

Criminal Defense Attorney - Decatur, GA

If you do decide to fight the ticket you need to get an attorney.

Darrell B. Reynolds, Sr.
Attorney and Counselor at Law
drey1954@cs.com
404-636-6616

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
- William Shakespeare

NOTICE – 1) This email does not create an attorney/client relationship. In order to create an attorney/client relationship with this office it is necessary to enter into a written contract agreed to by both parties. 2) This email is intended only for the person(s) listed in the To: and CC: lines. It is not intended for anyone else and any reliance upon this email by other parties is at their own peril. 3) This e-mail, and all attachments transmitted with it, may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information that is intended solely for the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, then you are not authorized to read, distribute, copy, or otherwise use any or all portions of this e-mail or any attachment. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephone at 1-404-636-6616, and delete all copies of this e-mail. Thank you.

Glen Edward Ashman

Glen Edward Ashman

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - East Point, GA

It sounds like you were following too close. You may want to go to drivings chool, where you will likely learn how to drive more safely in the rain, and that will also cut your insurance premium and may help in your traffic case. Additionally, as we do not know all the facts, you should see a lawyer (and be sure to report the accident to your insurer).

Kevin Coluccio

Kevin Coluccio

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Seattle, WA

Consult with a traffic ticket attorney. The law requires that you be prepared yo stop suddenly. Make sure you have reported the matter to your insurance company.

Timothy Minthorn Klob

Timothy Minthorn Klob

Social Security Lawyers - Loganville, GA

Depending upon your driving record, you may be able to plead nolo contendere and/or have the fine reduced, but you should consider discussing your claim with an experienced traffic lawyer in order to do so. Since you were the one who hit the other vehicle, however, I doubt that you will be able to get this citation dismissed absent any additional aggravating circumstances beyond those outlined in your question.

I wish you the best in resolving this matter.

Timothy M. Klob
Klob Law Firm
770-554-8100

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Personal Injury Lawyer - Bronx, NY

It really depends upon several factors, not the least of which is your driving record. Contact a local and qualified traffic attorney. As an aside, report this to your insurer.

David B Pittman

David B Pittman

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Fort Myers, FL

Get a traffic ticket lawyer. Report the cim to your insurance company.