I signed divorce papers with no witness fell had brain injury lawyer was aware found out my x had hired him

Asked 9 months ago - Buffalo, NY

Never got 50000 for the house I sold my x got his he will not release my 401k

Attorney answers (4)

  1. David Alexander Browde


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Get your own lawyer now and see what options you have for enforcement.

    Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer... more
  2. Howard A. Schwartz

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your question is not clear but if a divorce judgment has been entered and your ex has not lived up to the terms, you should consult with local counsel to see what can be done about enforcement. Good luck.

    This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.
  3. Rebecca Elizabeth Szewczuk

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with the answers from the other two attorneys. My firm deals a lot with post judgment issues arising from the Stipulations and Agreements parties sign. You should consult an attorney immediately.

    If he is not doing something that he is required to do in a Stipulation or Judgment, you should also ask any attorney you consult with about requesting that your Ex Husband reimburse you for the legal fees you will have to incur to enforce the terms.

    The answer available is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You... more
  4. Andrew T. Velonis

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . You definetly need help. You will need a lawyer to review the papers to find out what, if anything can be done. I recommend you turn to a trusted friend or relative to help you try to explain your situation.

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,823 answers this week

3,010 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,823 answers this week

3,010 attorneys answering