I signed contract for one year with a vendor company who provided free technical training. But didn't get contract copy.

New York, NY |

They added some fake experience under my name. I was confused but didn't know all legal details, simply wanted to continue my career, so I agreed. I know this is something about what I am not proud at all and ashamed of myself. After months of unemployment finally I got a job (not direct, with a few layers companies who represent me)and after few months I said that I am about to quit because contract is over. They told me that contract was become enforceable when I got this job but now when I signed contract. And they refused to provide me a copy of the contract.
Please help me with advise. What should I do? If I tell my manager whole truth, I will loose really good job and again will stop my career. Should I wait in a hope that my contract will be over in next year? Thank you in advance.

It is not clear if the good job you refer to is the one involving the contract you signed or not. I recommend that you contact an attorney to discuss your situation in more detail.

Thank you, Sir. My question is: this company doesn't want to provide with copy of the contract and ignore my letters to them. Why they do it? Does it mean that I have to continue work for them?

I am sorry, I am not entirely clear from the text what actually happened. I suggest you give an employment attorney near you a call and discuss this in a little more detail.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us via Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/WhiteRoseMarks) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/WhiteRoseMarks) if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.

Thank you, Sir. My question is: this company doesn't want to provide with copy of the contract and refuse my letters to them. What can be the reason?

Vincent Peter White

Vincent Peter White

I could guess at any of a thousand reasons, but unfortunately that is all it would be, a guess.

I see. Thank you. I sent to them letter with notifications that I am leaving(and I specified date). They didn't respond. I have already found another vendor company which I want to join next week. But still I didn't get email response and didn't get copy of the contract. Do you think I can simply continue with another vendor company?

As the others have pointed out, your question is not entirely clear. However, is your main concern that the "contract," if enforced, will cost you money each month (for a year) in the form of a payment to the company for finding you the job? If that's the concern, you will have to make a business decision as to whether the cost over time is greater than the imminent loss of your job, which you admit you like.

(1) I may be guessing. Do not act or rely upon this info; (2) We have not established an attorney-client relationship; and (3) If you insist I tell you something upon which you can actually rely: don't eat yellow snow.

Thank you so much, Sir. Well my concern is that they told me that my contract is not over but refused to provide copy. I sent to them letter with notification that I am leaving(and I specified date). They didn't respond. I have already found another vendor company which I want to join next week. But still I didn't get email response and didn't get copy of the contract. Do you think I can simply continue with another vendor company?

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business