I signed collateral for a friend to get out on bail & I understand that As an indemnitor I have the right put him back in jail.

Costa Mesa, CA |

I requested that my friend be apprehended & taken back to jail cause I no longer desired to continue assuming financial responsibility. We did show up to 1st court date but the DISTRICT ATTORNEY had not yet pressed charges so we had no new court date DA said to keep checking in to find out the next court date & that's what I did every day(so when i called bail man there was no WARRANT 4 my friend ) bail man told me he would start the paper work & he would call me so that I could sign & remove my collateral signature. Would I still be liable to pay if the DA/court forfeiture the bond afrer i had already requested one week before the warrant was issued 2 no longer be collateral signature for my frien?

I haven't signed the papers yet but bail man called me & told me they r ready & we r meeting this weekend. I guess it means I'm not liable but I just want to make sure & ask cause its when u don't ask that u get screwed for lack of knowledge.

1. If you committed to providing coillateral for the bail, then you're committed. If you didn't, then you're not. If you need specific documents that you've signed reviewed, you're going to have to get your own lawyer.

I'm only licensed in CA. Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. If you haven't signed anything (or strongly implied that you would) you are not liable.

If you do sign, are you guaranteeing that the bail bondsman's fee will be paid (then you are permanently bound as soon as you sign) or that you will pay the bail if the friend fails to appear (then why do you need a bail bondsman)?