I signed a separation agreement with an employer the employer has now broke the disparagement clause can I sue them t

Asked almost 4 years ago - Hartford, CT

They also brought false criminal charges against me van I sue for defamation

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Scott E Schaffer

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . It depends on the language in the separation agreement. If the agreement requires arbitration of any disputes you may have to proceed in that forum. If not, you may be able to sue for breach of the agreement and defamation, depending on the facts of your case.

Related Topics

Legal separation and divorce

A legal separation and a divorce are different because a separation does not end the marriage. Spouses live apart and remain married.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,198 answers this week

2,221 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,198 answers this week

2,221 attorneys answering