I signed a non compete contract but was then permanately fired after 12 years. can I legaly obtain this document as null and voi

Asked about 5 years ago - Pittsburgh, PA

I want to know if you are fired from a position does a non compete contract still valid

1. Roger Traversa

Answered . You asked about non-compete contracts.

These can be pernicious documents that prevent people from getting a new job in their old profession in their current locality. More often though they are simply mild bumps in the road to figure out how to either get around or even ignore the non-compete because it may be overbraod or otherwise invalid.

You need to speak with a lawyer about the agreement specifically. S/he can advise you on how to proceed, probably for less than a full hour's consultation fee.

Regards,

Roger

2. Stephen J. O'Brien

Pro

Answered . You question will require a review of the non-compete agreement to provide you with an answer. To review a non-compete agreement my firm does charge an hourly rate. If you are interested then feel free to call us at 412-788-7560. Mention you found our name through Avvo.