I signed a laser hair removal contract, I want to change/cancel. They say I have to pay for treatments agreed, no changing.

Asked over 1 year ago - Cleveland, OH

I had my first treatment last night for my upper lip and underarms. My underarm area is very sore and painful today. I contacted the consultant to ask if I can change my package to just the upper lip and discontinue my underarms, but that I would pay for my first treatment for the underarms. The consultant told me I have to pay for all of the treatments I agreed to. I cannot change or cancel my contact. Please Help.

1. Lori Ann Strobl

1

Answered . This is a pure issue of contract interpretation. You need to review the language of the contract that you signed as it establishes your responsibilities and duties. Most contracts, of this type, will also have a provision regarding termination/cancellation and modification. Assuming that you had the capacity to contract, the contract is a valid and enforceable document and sets up the boundaries and terms of the relationship. Failure to follow the provisions of the contract, may result in a breach of the contract.

Lori A. Strobl
    Strobl & Associates
    1015 E. Centerville Station Rd.
    Centerville, Ohio 45459
    (937) 496-1450
    www.strobllaw.com