I signed a laser hair removal contract, I want to change/cancel. They say I have to pay for treatments agreed, no changing.

Cleveland, OH |

I had my first treatment last night for my upper lip and underarms. My underarm area is very sore and painful today. I contacted the consultant to ask if I can change my package to just the upper lip and discontinue my underarms, but that I would pay for my first treatment for the underarms. The consultant told me I have to pay for all of the treatments I agreed to. I cannot change or cancel my contact. Please Help.

1. This is a pure issue of contract interpretation. You need to review the language of the contract that you signed as it establishes your responsibilities and duties. Most contracts, of this type, will also have a provision regarding termination/cancellation and modification. Assuming that you had the capacity to contract, the contract is a valid and enforceable document and sets up the boundaries and terms of the relationship. Failure to follow the provisions of the contract, may result in a breach of the contract.

Lori A. Strobl
    Strobl & Associates
    1015 E. Centerville Station Rd.
    Centerville, Ohio 45459
    (937) 496-1450
    www.strobllaw.com

This website contains general information only. The information contained in this website is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice on any subject matter or intended as advertising or a solicitation. Readers should not rely on the information presented on this website for any purpose without seeking legal advice on the specific facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney in the reader’s state. The information in this website contains general information which is intended, but cannot be guaranteed, to be always up-to-date, complete and accurate. Any representation or warranty that might be otherwise implied is expressly disclaimed. Strobl & Associates, Co., L.P.A. expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility with respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the information contained in this website. Readers should not consider the information presented on this website to be an invitation for an attorney-client relationship, and the transmission of such information is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, and attorney-client relationship between the reader and Strobl & Associates, Co., L.P.A. The content of any Internet e-mail sent to Strobl & Associates, Co., L.P.A. or to its attorneys at the e-mail addresses set forth in this website will not create an attorney-client relationship and will not be treated as confidential. Readers should be aware that communications via the Internet may not be secure. Strobl & Associates Co., L.P.A. does not necessarily endorse, and is not responsible for, any third-party content that may be accessed through this website.